This 2012 revision of the popular Crete guide is slim but packed with details on how to truly enjoy Greece’s greatest and most fabled isle.
Comprehensively updated and sporting the attractive new text, map and layout styles that make navigating and reading much more fun, this book is the perfect companion to Crete.
In the 2010 guide to Greece, Chris Deliso covered the whole of the island; for this new edition, he has written about western Crete (Hania), as well as the history and Minoan civilization chapters. The list of what has been added or highlighted since 2010 thus includes:
- A new stand-alone accommodation chapter, offering more and better sleeping options
- A richer and more complete coverage of the key figures and events throughout Crete’s long history
- Insights on south-coast getaways, the best fishing tavernas and hiking trails from Paleohora to Sfakia
- New developments in the west, from Kissamos-Kastelli to Falasarna and Gramvousa
- The best places to enjoy a dinner, drink and sunset in the Venetian-flavored port city of Hania, while perusing the museums and historic old town
Buy from Amazon.fr (en Francais)