The updated 2008 Lonely Planet Greek Islands guide offers a wealth of information and unique insights into Greece’s fabled maritime jewels, researched by Lonely Planet’s seasoned, sun-seeking writers.
Whether you’re preparing for a jaunt out to tourist faves like Santorini, Mykonos and Corfu or are looking to get away from it all on more unvisited isles like Astypaleia, Kasos or Ikaria, this physically slim yet comprehensive guide will help you make the most of your time.
Historical asides and forays into the local culture are complemented by insider tips on the best places to eat, sleep and party. Sift through the full-color highlights sections to plot your own course through the endlessly fascinating islands of the Greek archipelago.
In Lonely Planet Greek Islands, Chris Deliso served as co-author, writing the chapter on the Northeastern Aegean Islands. The author-selected highlights from this section include:
- how to quaff ouzo while escaping a hangover (p 390)
- when to come for wild religious festivals (p 362)
- which island beaches are the best for kids (p 414)
- where to find the best model-ship museum in the Aegean (p 384)
- where to sample the best all-natural desserts in Greece (p 405)
- why some believe Christopher Columbus was actually a Greek (p 381)
Buy from Amazon.fr (en Francais)